DIY Decor: Perfume/Jewelry Stand

Today's post is a long overdue tutorial on how to make an awesome display stand for your perfume, jewelry or any little trinkets that you want to display.  The best thing about this project is that it cost me $8.00 (+tax) for the materials that I had to buy ... everything else I had at home!  This is a great affordable project that, if done right, won't look tacky at all!


For this project you will need:
- One Large dinner plate ($2.00)
- One Medium sized plate ($2.00)
- Something sturdy enough to support the weight of the med. sized plate and your items for display (I used a glass jar that I bought for $2.00.  A sturdy candelabra would work as well.  Get creative!)
- Glue (a glue gun works, I used Lepage contact glue that I already had at home)

Optional:
- Spray Paint (already had)
- Ribbon & other decorative items (I bought the acrylic diamonds for $2.00)
- Felt (I already had this at home, I put it at the bottom of the plate to prevent scratching surfaces)

Let's get started!

The first thing I did was spray paint my plates.  This is optional of course.  I recommend doing any decorating before you assemble the stand, it's just simpler that way.  When decorating, keep in mind that part of the bottom plate will be covered. 




 I stuck felt at the bottom of the large plate ... 

  
I filled up my glass jar with acrylic diamonds and a paper rose ... 


Then I used contact glue to attach the lid of my jar to the bottom of the smaller plate, and the bottom of the jar to the top of the larger plate.  (I don't have a picture of the larger plate with the jar attached but you get the idea).  

NOTE: This glue did wear away at the spray paint that I used.  It wasn't a problem because it didn't show, but keep that in mind if you choose to use this glue on spray painted plates.  The same thing happens when using a glue gun.



And that's it!! This DIY is super easy, extremely affordable and the perfect way to spice up your dresser!
Here's some pictures of the finished product:


I glued my jar onto the corner of the plate instead of the middle to give me more space to put my perfumes.  Feel free to experiment with positioning of the plates until you find something that works for you!




This could also be made into a three tiered stand ... just get creative!
Good luck!

-xoxo, Jayy

Comments

Popular Posts