DIY Decor: Tulle Flowers

Call me crazy, but I am so ready to decorate for the holidays!  These tulle flowers are perfect for any season, but I chose the green and gold colours especially for the holiday season :)  This is a cheap and affordable project that you can do in your spare time :)

For this tutorial you will need:
- Tulle (I purchased mine from the dollar store for 2 bucks a roll!)
- Pearl/gem stickers (Also from the dollar store)
- Hot Glue Gun and gluesticks
- Scissors
- A ruler




Before you start, make sure your hot glue is plugged in and heating up.  Then cut your tulle into strips (4 by 12 inches).


Fold strips of tulle in half.  The folded edge of the flower will be the part that you see, and the raw edges will be glued down.


This part was tricky to photograph ... but roll the tulle around itself to form a flower bud like shown in the picture above ...


... And use a dot of hot glue to hold it in place!


Start wrapping the tulle around the flower bud as shown above.  To make this easier (and to avoid burning my fingerprints off), I stuck my thumb finger into the flower bud (holding the flower upside down). I then applied a dot of glue to the base of the flower, and wrapped the tulle around the flower, sticking the raw end to the glue dot.  I continued this until it was all finished!  Photographing this was hard ... so I hope that explanation will suffice!
 

Finally, add a jewel or pearl to the center of the flower to hide the hot glue residue.


And this is the final product!  The flowers look cute on their own, but would look even better clustered together in a wreath or bouquet!!

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial!  I have some fun stuff planned for the future, and hopefully I'll get the time to execute those plans ASAP!

Until then, cheers to floral decor!

xoxo, Jayy

Comments

Popular Posts