DIY Beauty: Double Your Hair Growth In A Week?

Hey Beauties!

Today's blog post is meant to answer any questions about the Inversion Method!

The inversion method is a hair growth strategy that involves inverting your head for no more than 4 minutes a day, for one week a month.  The inversion method can be traced back to Ancient Egyptian times, where inversion poses were used to relieve back pain and pressure on the spine.  (For more info, click here). Now there is some science behind this: flipping your head upside down will stimulate blood flow to your head, which in turn will promote hair growth. The downside to this method is that it involves patience: you will not see results on the first day, and you may not see results during the first week that you attempt it.  Continued practice is the key to seeing results with this method!

How to invert?
To practice the inversion method with the intent to promote hair growth, there are several simple poses that you can attempt!  For beginners, it is important not to attempt an angle that is to sharp, as this could cause dizziness.  Recommended poses are:
- Sitting down and bending over forwards as though you are going to be painting your toenails
- Standing and bending forward over the sink as though you were going to wash your hair
- Sitting down and bending your head towards your feet as though you were nodding off to sleep
- For more poses, check out this video, or the post linked above.
* NOTE: In regards to the head off the bed position: That is the method that I use and I have not noticed any side effects.  HOWEVER, I used to lay around in this position often when I was younger, and my body may just be used to it.  ALSO: I always invert my head when shampooing my hair, as I shampoo over the bathtub on a weekly basis.  Again, this may be why I am not affected by the head off the bed position.  Since I do my inversions before bed, I always move from my inversion position into my sleeping position, so I am never sitting up right after an inversion.  Again, this will help prevent any side effects.  Please take precautions if attempting this position.  Also be careful that you do not slide off the bed, it is possible.

Steps to Invert:
1. Massage a warm oil into your roots.  I do not always do this step, as I like to avoid greasy hair.  I use a small bit of coconut oil that has been warmed by my hands onto my scalp, and massage in.
2. Attempt an inversion position for 4 minutes (no more, no less).
3. If you have used excess oil, wash it out.  OR, protective style to avoid those greasy roots from showing :).
4. Repeat for 7 days (no more, no less).
5. Repeat ONCE a month (no more, no less).

Here are some tips for those of you who are aiming to try this method out:
- Don't invert your head for longer than 4 minutes.  4 minutes a day is enough, and any longer could pose health risks.
- Don't attempt for longer than a week each month.  If you do, your body will get used to the motion, and your hair growth will slow down.  The idea is to surprise your hair follicles with some unusual stimulation once in a while.
- LADIES: It is not recommended that you attempt this method if you are on your period.  Since your blood flow is already "off balance" during menstruation, it is best that you avoid throwing it off even more by flipping your head (and/or body) upside down multiple times during that week.  It's best to work around your period for your own safety.
- DO NOT ATTEMPT THE INVERSION METHOD IF:

  • You suffer from migraines (if you notice that this method brings on migraines, discontinue IMMEDIATELY).
  • You are pregnant 
  • You have low or high blood pressure
  • You have a heart condition
  • You have a spinal injury
  • You have an ear infection
  • You are sick in any way
  • You are menstruating (apparently throws off your blood flow? I'm not completely sure.)
  • It makes you feel dizzy, light headed, nauseous, or unwell in any other way 
- Be careful!  Listen to your body.  If you start to feel dizzy or weak in any way, get out of the inversion.  If you are unsure, speak to a healthcare provider before attempting again.

I hope this method helps some people!  If you have any questions, don't be afraid to leave them down below!

Cheers to SAFETY, and rapid hair growth!

- xoxo, Jayy

Curious about how my first month of taking biotin went?  Check out Week OneWeek Two, and Weeks Three & Four.
Interested in learning more about my hair story? Click here.


Comments

Popular Posts