Biotin Update: Month 4 (July 15th - August 17th); No More Biotin?!; Pictures Included!

I'm back with another hair update, and this one includes some serious changes! Before I get into the changes, I would like to say that I may be RE-STARTING my biotin journey, which will be further explained below. To sum up the changes my hair is going through ... :

1. I caved and coloured my hair again on August 17th, and I'm so glad I did! The colour looks awesome, and I have a new favourite hair dye!  Because I can no longer track my growth accurately by measuring my roots, I won't be continuing my

2. I started wearing my hair natural! I'm so tired of burning my hair with my flat iron multiple times per week, so I decided to wear it curly. It's a huge step for me, and it will take some adjusting, but I'm really happy with the results.  I started wearing my hair natural on August 24th and I haven't looked back!

3. I started taking MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) in addition to my other vitamins in order to boost hair growth and help me to retain length.  I will make a post explaining how this works later.

4. I took a biotin break!  My vitamin regimen was beginning to feel a tad bit excessive, as I was taking a literal handful of pills a day.  So I took some time off and allowed my body to cleanse before taking my vitamins again.

5. I decided not to continue using the New Nordic Vitamins, as I did not see as much growth as I would have expected over the past three months.

Now for the results!

After four months of taking biotin, I gained about 2.5 inches of length.  The pictures below aren't the clearest, but they give you an idea of how much my hair grew to the end of August.





 This picture shows you the full length of my hair ... just about at armpit length.



All in all, the results I received were the same as the last time I tried biotin:  Improved growth, but not by much.  Gaining an extra half-inch of growth is great, but not enough for me to want to continue taking biotin, especially as it is quite expensive!  My skin and nails did not greatly benefit from taking this supplement, and I don't see any reason to continue.

I will be finishing up the bottle of biotin that I am currently taking, but I do not intend to repurchase it.  It was worth a try, but in the end, not worth it for me!

This is not to say that biotin will not be helpful for you in your healthy hair journey!  Everyone's body is different, and everyone will react differently to different supplements.  It's all about finding what works best for you!

I am late in posting this update because I was not entirely sure if this how I wanted to end the biotin journey.  However, two months later, I can safely say that this was a smart move on my part, and I have no regrets!  I am considering taking other supplements, which I will of course be documenting if I do decide to purchase them!  In addition, I will be making a post about my natural hair journey to date, so stay tuned for that!

For more information on my experience during the first month, and pictures of my progress, check out my previous biotin updates: Week OneWeek TwoWeeks Three & Four, and Months 2 & 3.

Interested in learning more about my hair story? Click here.

Hope this helped someone!  Cheers to a happy healthy hair journey!

- xoxo, Jayy

Comments

Popular Posts