Don't Live the Same Year Twice

I recently finished grad school, and I'm now working in a community health centre doing a job that I absolutely love.  However this isn't the job that I set out to do when I started my social work education - in fact this isn't even the job that I set out to do when I went into grad school.  While I think this position is important, and I intend to stick it as long as possible, I want to remind myself not to limit my potential.

I recently read the following quote on Tumblr:


For the past 19 years, I have been in school.  That was a pretty much unavoidable routine, since I needed to go to school to achieve my life goals.  This will be the first year that I'm not in school in 19 years, and the habits I get into this year set the tone for the rest of my life.  So, I'm challenging myself ... BEGGING myself not to get stuck in a routine that doesn't allow me to live out my dreams.  Having a full time permanent job is the perfect opportunity for me to travel, explore, and eventually go further with my educational goals.  I have the chance to save up and spend my money on experiences that will change my life.  I have the chance to grow as a person and become someone that I will always be proud of.

Getting stuck in a rut is so easy.  But I want to be able to look back at my life and say that I made the most of each experience, and took advantage of the opportunities available to me.  I have to push myself to be the best that I can be, and live a life of fulfillment. 

One day I will be scrolling through my blog posts, and I will stumble across this.  I hope that when I do, I will be able to say that the life I am living is one that allows me to live out my full potential.  If not, I hope that this post reminds me that there is more to life than what I am currently doing.

Cheers to a future of success :)

Jenell
The Defiant Dougla

Comments

Popular Posts