Content.




In high school, I was incredibly insecure.

Now, my experience isn't much different than that of the typical North American high-school student.   Insecurity seems to be a common part of puberty.  And I was no different - high school was one of the most unsettling points of my life to date.

It's been about six years since I graduated from high school.  Since that time, I've spent a lot of time away from people I used to envy, and I spent a lot more time on my own, growing into myself.  I recently met up with some of these friends, and I was surprised to see how much I had changed.  I was able to admire them and their achievements, while feeling secure about myself and all that I have accomplished.  I'm able to talk and laugh with people whose presence used to make me so uncomfortable, because I've stopped comparing myself to them.

Being comfortable in your own skin doesn't come easily, but when it does, it feels amazing.  I guess that's a key part of growing up.  Giving up the insecurities of childhood/adolescence, and being happy being yourself.

I like ending my blog posts with a lesson, so here's the lesson for today: Being content with who your are is inevitable.  As you grow, focus on your strengths, embrace your oddities, and accept yourself for who you are.

Cheers to contentment.

xoxo, Jayy

Comments

Popular Posts