Grownups.

I'm 23 years old.

I know that 23 is relatively quite young. But when 23 years is all you have to your name, it's a lot.

Recently, it's dawned on me that I'm technically a "grownup".  I think what really did it was the day that I was buying groceries, and was called a "nice lady" by a mother with her young son.  It took me a solid minute to realize she was talking about me.

You've arrived at adulthood the minute someone calls you a "nice lady".

I was at a baby shower the other day with some friends, and one of them turned to me and said "Man, we're old!".  Watching the teenagers and little kids run around, while my friends and I sat down and celebrated our friends pregnancy, I had to agree.  We are getting old.

I've done a lot in my 23 years.  And I still have a lot that I want to do.  Traveling, exploring, hitting new milestones, that's all on my bucket list.  And I don't intend to stop, even when I get "old".  Old is subjective, and while I'm old compared to what I used to be, I'm still young compared to who I will be in the future.

I've got a lot of life left to live.  And I do solemnly swear to live it to the fullest.

Cheers to being a grownup, and enjoying life!

xoxo, Jayy

Comments

Popular Posts