Unsubscribe! [#MoneySavingMondays]



In my early attempts to save money, I subscribed to any and every mailing list with the hopes of snagging exclusive deals, or finding coupons.  Instead of helping me save, however, this only contributed to my spending.  When you see a coupon in your email inbox, it inspires you to spend money, under the impression that you are actually saving.  Plus companies are smart with their email campaigns, using your name in the subject line to grab your attention, or using catchy words and phrases to entice you to open the email.  And once you open the email, you're hooked!

So, I slowly began the process of unsubscribing to mailing lists.  You'd be surprised how many stores I no longer shop at, simply because I'm not being reminded of them or their sales every time I check my email.  It's one of the more tedious money saving tasks, but also one of the most effective.

Cheers to letting go!

xoxo, Jayy

Comments

Popular Posts