Live Within Your Means [#MoneySavingMondays]


Today's post could be separated into several posts, but I feel like it's going to turn into a rant, so I'm going to post it as one big tip.  Ready?  Let's go.

When I was younger my mom always told me that we had to "live within our means".  This was what she said to me whenever I really wanted something in the store and she refused to give it to me.  While I hated this phrase as a kid, I've come to appreciate it as an adult, especially as an adult with a credit card and no self control (lol).

Living within your means simply means living within your budget.  You can't be making a bread and butter salary, while living a fillet mignon life.  You can't be making ALDO money while living a Kate Spade life.  You can't ... ok I'm done with the bad analogies.  You get my point.

Now, I know that there are times where people's means do not cover their expenses.  This post is not about them.  This post is about spending money wastefully on luxuries like eating lunch out daily, buying new and expensive clothing, going on vacation, buying designed bags, all while racking up the credit card bill and not having enough money to pay it off.

I get it, having stuff is nice.  But using ONLY your hard earned money to buy those possessions is even better.  The BEST feeling is looking at that $0.00 credit card balance, and knowing that everything you own belongs to you.

Take it from me ladies and gents.  Living within your means is the only way to achieve financial freedom.  All of the tips I have posted, and all of the tips to come, are really about teaching you to live within your means, and be satisfied with what you have.  If you take nothing else away from this post, please remember that it is NEVER worth going into debt over material possessions.

Cheers to living within your means.  I wonder if I've said that enough to drive you crazy :)

xoxo, Jayy

Comments

Popular Posts